Blueberry oatmeal bars our favorite around here, and a perfect way to use up the fresh berries my kids decided they were against this week. Here's the details!
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Turn on favorite podcast.
- Toss 2 cups blueberries in the juice of half a lemon, a few tablespoons of sugar, and 3 tablespoons cornstarch. Set aside.
- In large bowl, mix: 2 cups flour, 1 cup sugar, half cup brown sugar, 1/2 cups oats, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 teaspoon salt.
- Melt one cup salted butter and drizzle over dry mix. Stir until clumpy and combined.
- Pressed firmly half of the mix into a buttered 9 x 11 baking pan.
- Spread blueberries evenly over pressed layer.
- Then loosely sprinkle the remaining oat mix over the top.
- Bake approximately 45 to 50 minutes until top is golden brown and the berries are bubbling.
- Let cool, then drizzle over icing if desired. Icing: in bowl, mix with fork until smooth: 2 tablespoons melted butter one cup powdered sugar half teaspoon vanilla pinch of salt 1/2 tbsp milk.